Web Design Bristol Fashion
Designer Andy Gardner & Co
Welcome to web design Bristol fashion by local web designer, Andy Gardner! Read on for more about how we can work together on your next big thing…
Our Website Portfolio
Have a look at our recent clients brief and results in our web design portfolio. Only a small selection of our works here, please get in touch for something specific.
Web Design Services
Get dedicated consultation on how your website could be designed and built better. Get a feel for our design process and how we can help you.
Bristol based Web Design
We mainly design websites for clients in Bristol, Bath and the South West. Our portfolio contains businesses further afield (eg. Portugal, South Africa, Borneo) but all have some root locally in Bristol.
Web Design for Small Business
We solve website problems through design and delivery for all manner of business sectors in Bristol. As a design agency the variety of work this allows us to engage in keeps things interesting! We have catered for most business website needs.
“Patient, flexible and creative, Andy has created a fantastic new website for our Practice that reflects our house style and showcases our experience and expertise. Thanks very much Andy!”
Gemma Melvill, The Landmark Practice
Designing your website
Written content on your website
Websites are mostly written content. That content ranges from long form text like a 300-word description of your services to the micro-copy that might be three words on a button. Text is all important in reaching your reader. And much like an individual, your website copy has a ‘voice’. You would like your customers to listen to that voice, and it helps to be clear and consistent. We’ll help you find that voice. Here’s a couple of pointers. Short sentences convert better! You should also stick to the first or third person for example.
We seek to put little elements that delight users into our project where your brand allows. Some examples:
- On the contact page of a site for surfers; the form reacts to users clicking on the fields with a subtle wave.
- Or the parallax scrolling on the Totterdown houses midway down their colours filling up like ink cartridges only on user scroll.
It’s important that quirks like these are at the users discretion. We don’t want them busily animating away when the user is trying to look at something else. They also need to be true to your brand and only reinforce and speak to the purpose of the website.
Social proof like testimonials, accreditation and client logos to be put in line with copy in a context sensitive manner to back up claims in copy and simplify user journey through site.
Great Graphics, Photos & Video
Your visitors will always conflate image quality with business quality. WE make sure you put your best foot forward with high quality imagery. We encourage our clients to include pictures of themselves and their offices.Transparency really helps build trust with users. Smiling faces also help with engagement! We sometimes run into a little bit of reluctance to ‘be published’ but it does help make your organisation become more relateable. Videos can help make your service easier to understand. We work with excellent photographers if you don’t have professionals at hand.
Our Recent Press
- Another high flying website designed for the Andy Gardner Web Design team! This time the fantastic opportunity came our way to design the website for Ascent Flight Training. Ascent train all the pilots in the RAF, Royal Navy and Army. You may know that amongst other things we enjoy photography, hiking...
- Website owners, you may recently have had emails about “unsecured website warnings”. There’s a 50:50 chance this issue does affect your website. So what exactly is happening and how can you fix it? Well users of the the Google Chrome browser will soon receive a warning about ‘insecure’...
- The Great Western Air Ambulance Charity were there when my family needed them. So, whilst all our charity endeavours feel like important contributions, it’s especially satisfying to help GWAAC build their new website. GWAAC is funded solely by donations, and the website needs to do a better job...
- We’re happy to announce we’re working with the Bristol Pound to develop their new website. We’ve been business members of the Bristol Pound for several years, and the opportunity to help with their own website is something we jumped at the chance of. Adam and the £B team have been...
- Overall the goal is to maintain the MMH brand image at a level consistent with current and future performance. With an audience of healthcare providers and Clinical Commissioning Groups and practice staff this medical site needed very specific appeal. These demographics are all time starved and benefit...
- Users will always conflate image quality with business quality. Look at any well designed website and chances are good design is being supported by great photos and videos. Truly amazing photography needs little embellishment to craft a convincing website. However, it’s hard to come by. The easy...
- This year saw something of a sea change with clients asking us about responsive web design. True, responsive design has been best practice for some years now. However, in years past it was us making the case for more flexible, mobile and tablet friendly websites to clients. This year, it has noticably...
- Our latest website is for Bristol’s best heavy haulage firm! They working with amazing machinery that can transport up to 250tonne tractors or huge wind turbines. We get to see some amazing local businesses when learning about our clients. Their equipment bursts off the page on their new site.
- SSL is a technology that encrypts everything between your browser and the website you are looking at. Not every website has SSL, but there’s a way you can tell which ones do! Every site with an SSL certificate will have a little padlock in your browser bar, whatever your browser…
- After taking them through a brand refresh, we designed the website for Bristol based Professional Recruitment. We built in the jobs board that powers their online presence. As leading financial recruitment specialists they still have many subsectors, and naturally placement across the UK, so the jobs...
- We welcome Dan to the cabal as an intern, fresh out of college with great grades. We expect his design work to be winning accolades in short order (no pressure). We’re looking forward to training and tooling him up to get to the junior designer level within the next year. When he’s not learning...
- We’re really excited to see Arnos Vale win the Bristol Post Business Awards 2016! We’ve launched their new website this week too. The site brings a new brand focus and streamlines event administration for staff. A Trip Advisor top 10 thing to do, it’s a super popular destination in...
Read our news stream in full
Thank you for the excellent websitePete Cannard, cannard Computing Ltd
I’d like to thank you for the excellent website and all the hard work you put in. We are really pleased with the end result and I am currently getting all our documentation to reflect the new branding. It is very encouraging to know that we have you as our website designer.
Worth his weight in gold!Sarah Pavey, AVCT
Having worked with web designers previously I know an absolute gem when I meet one and I’ve no hesitation whatsoever in recommending Andy as an excellent web designer and absolutely worth his weight in gold!